With views of the iconic Sydney Harbour bridge, 175 guests gathered together for the annual ICM Sydney dinner on 3 June. The Kirribilli Club was a fantastic location to enjoy an evening to raise awareness and raise funds for the ultrapoor.
Guests were inspired by the testimonies of Melissa Geer from Zambrero and long-time ICM supporter and Board of Advisor Louise Hayman. Mal Wood spoke of the unwavering passion that began 25 years ago to help those living on less than 50 cents a day. “Great compassion coupled with great strategy will bring great change”. Deanna Sutherland gave those in the room a glimpse of how they could make a difference in meeting the short term needs of hunger and malnutrition that ICM help children overcome.
In his keynote speech, Dave Sutherland shared his personal story of his daughter Corrie and inspired guests to take up the invitation to be part of impacting a whole generation, inspiring hope, providing help and creating change.
Highlights of the evening included:
• The Teddy Bears- Charlotte and Melissa sold 49 bears raising $9800- this will provide an amazing 196,000 meals to malnourished children;
• Red Rope sales by Beatrice, Emma and Simone raised $810, helping support the livelihoods of more than 20 women from difficult backgrounds;
• The record 30 Silent Auction items raised a record $11,200- thanks to those who generously donated the prizes, and to all those who joined in the fun of bidding!
• Sponsorship of 8 Transform communities, raising $26400, changing the lives of more than 1500 people; and
• Generous donations to “walk with us”, “use where needed” and for tables/seats totalling almost $59,000, an inspiring gift toward transforming the face of ultra-poverty.
Special thanks to our new strategic partner Opportunity International, who will accept our Australian donations and provide our donors with tax-deductibility
If you would like to receive updates on future events, host a table at next year’s dinner and/or join a one-week trip visiting and being involved in ICM’s work in the Philippines please email email@example.com.
Thank you everyone for a wonderfully successfully evening!
Photos by Harrison Holloway