Deskguide for Barangay Health Workers during COVID-19
The course is designed specifically to train barangay healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic, their role in home quarantine, how to advise and provide mental health support to suspected COVID-19 patients and their household members, how to ensure proper protection while visiting the community and the importance of vaccines.
The training is also intended for other community health workers, administrative, maintenance, security and management staff in barangay health settings.
Available for offline group training
Barangay health centres who would like to conduct the training offline may register to download the training content to ensure staff with limited or no internet access can attend.
Have you done the training at your healthcare facility? Do the final assessment to get your certificate of completion.
- Define key messages about COVID-19 and clinical features of COVID-19
- Describe the home quarantine process and the role of the Barangay Health Worker
- Provide ways to best advise and mentally support people suspected of COVID-19 and their family or household members.
- Describe mental health strategies for health workers to cope with COVID-19
- Describe appropriate protection measures for health worker community visits
Duration: Approximately 1 hour
Certificates: A certificate of completion will be made available for participants who can demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of the learning objectives through a short assessment